CALL FOR POSTERS and TOOL DEMO - SEFM 2010
The 8th IEEE International Conference on
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING AND FORMAL METHODS (SEFM)
SEFM 2010 is the 8th IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering and Formal Methods.
The aim of the conference is to bring together researchers and practitioners from academia,
industry and government to advance the state-of-the-art in formal methods, to scale up their application in software
industry and to encourage their integration with practical engineering methods.
Poster contributions are sought in all areas of formal methods with a particular focus on practical experiences.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
Tools Demo Contributions
- Formal techniques and tools to support automated analysis, certification, debugging, learning, optimization and transformation of complex systems.
- Case studies and experience reports on industrial applications of formal methods, focusing on lessons learned or identification of new research directions.
- Impact of the adoption of formal methods on the development process and associated costs.
- Application of formal methods in standardization and industrial forums.
- Research project overviews.
- Speculative, late-breaking results.
The SEFM 2010 tool demonstrations track provides an opportunity for researchers and practitioners to present and discuss the most recent advances, experiences, and challenges in the field of Formal Methods with the goal of allowing live presentation of new research tools.
Tools can range from research prototypes to in-house or pre-commercialized products.
There will be a demonstration area open to attendees at scheduled times during the conference, during which demonstrators are expected to be available.
Submission And Publication
Submissions must be made electronically through the EasyChair system:
Attached to the poster, authors are invited to submit an extended abstract through the workshop paper submission web pages.
Authors of accepted posters will be expected to present them in person.
Posters will be displayed during the conference in poster sessions.
Submissions of proposals for tool demonstrations must:
- describe the technology or approach, including references, and describe what the expected benefits are of using the tool;
- have an appendix (not included in the proceedings, but used by the committee to evaluate potential demonstrations) that provides a description of how the presentation will be conducted, screenshots that may be used in the presentation, information on tool availability and maturity, and a pointer to a web-page for the tool.
Accepted posters and tool demos presentations will be published in a CNR Technical Report with ISBN number.
All contributions must be written in English.
Posters and tool demos must not exceed 2 pages in the IEEE format.
LaTeX and MS Word 8.5x11x2 document classes (or template) can be downloaded from the website at
Poster and Tool Demo Chairs
- Poster and tool demos submission deadline:
30 June 2010
Extended to 5 July 2010
- Acceptance/rejection notification: 20 July 2010
- Camera-ready version due: 20 August 2010
- Franco Mazzanti (ISTI-CNR, Pisa, Italy)
- Gianluca Trentanni (ISTI-CNR, Pisa, Italy)
The conference will be held at the Area della Ricerca CNR, Pisa, Italy